HIFU Rejuvenation – Tightening of the Body

HIFU – Tightening of the Body

Its everyones quest for staying young, yet, no matter how hard we might try, we cannot seem to stop ageing but we can certainly keep turning to the latest innovations in aesthetic medicine, for a little helping hand.

Wrinkles and fine lines will always show up eventually due to the loss of collagen and elastin which is the key structural support for the skin. Skin laxity, as its known, or simply ‘sagging skin’ also affects the eye areas making you look more tired and can distort the contours around the neck and chin areas.

HIFU (High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound) is a relatively new technology that is used for tightening the face and the body. It’s a precise procedure that uses high-intensity focused ultrasound waves to heat and destroy ageing tissue that has covered the face and skin.

In fact, one of the earliest uses of HIFU has been as a treatment for prostate cancer – yes really! HIFU is specially designed for those who wish to achieve the results of a ‘facelift’ and is a non-invasive aesthetic procedure.

How Does HIFU Work

For HIFU on the body it acts on the fat area at a depth of 13mm and 8mm. The energy produced by the focused ultrasound produces a breaking down of fat cells which results in the reduction of fat tissue. When the fat cells are destroyed they won’t regenerate so the result are considered to be permanent. However, please note that it is important to follow a healthy lifestyle post-procedure.

HIFU on the body is effective on many parts, for example:

  • Stomach
  • Thighs
  • Upper arms
  • Legs

All of these are which are mostly the problematic areas with ageing and great for HIFU. This is because the HIFU tightens the skin at the same time as reducing fat cells.

Areas of the face include

  • Jawline

  • Drooping, especially around the mouth

  • Sagging eyelids

  • Loose neck folds

  • Thin, crepey skin

  • Fine lines and wrinkles

  • Minor redness and dryness

  • Uneven skin tone or texture

  • Large Pores

HIFU Science

MED: HIFU Ultra treatments are based on hyperthermia lifting theory. The HIFU transducer irradiates 65-75Cº of high intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) energy into the skin, this then creates thermal coagulation on the target layers of skin tissue with no damage on the skin surface. Following the initial treatment, the skin starts to undergo wound healing process that simulates collagen synthesis and regeneration. Unlike lasers, radio frequency, surgery and other cosmetic procedures, HIFU bypasses the surface of the skin to deliver the right amount of ultrasound energy at the right depths within the skin at the desired temperature. This HIFU energy triggers a natural response under the skin, causing the body to enter into the regenerative process, resulting in the production of new collagen.

An immediate effect can be seen following HIFU treatment, with clients facial contours, skin tone and texture, and wrinkles showing improvement within 8 weeks post-treatment. The effects of HIFU treatment continues to work for up to 6 months as the collagen fibres reorganises and restructure themselves. Clients will notice further improvements, such as skin firming and tightening over the 3 – 6 month period. Results from one treatment will last between 12 – 36 months depending on client’s current skin laxity and age. Our aesthetic practitioner will go through this during the consultation and design a treatment plan design around your own individual goals and needs.

HIFU Results

Clients will see a 20% result immediately with the remaining 80% appearing over the next 2-3 months. In the majority of cases only one treatment per year will be needed, however, if you feel you would like more further treatments, this can be done at 6 monthly intervals. Generally, only one or two sessions are required. Benefits from HIFU treatment can be seen within 4 weeks, with further gains being reported for up to six months*

Client Story

The best clinic I have ever been too! I’ve been to many different clinics in the past, however, the care, advice and results from this place has to be one of the best. I was looking todo some body confidence treatments as I felt I needed my jowls and face lifting and after attending different...

Maira Jackson

Ready to book a treatment?

book now

Want to have a chat?

request callback