Top 10 Tips To Find A Good HIFU Clinic
HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound) treatment has become one of the most sought-after lifting treatments for face, neck & body without going under the knife.
Just one session can tighten and lift the skin, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve skin tone, providing visible results that will last up to 3 years. HIFU has proven effective on the face, sagging jowls, chins and much more. Treatment time takes between 1 – 3 hours depending on the area we are treating. Plus with no downtime you can be back at your usual routine immediately after.
How To Find A Good HIFU Clinic
- Insurance – Do they have appropriate insurance to complete the treatment? It is important they have this so that if anything goes wrong (which is rare if they are using medical grade HIFU) you can claim compensation. You may not believe it but there are many clinics that do these treatments with no insurance!
- Medical Grade Machine – It is important that you go to a clinic with a medical grade device. They should use the latest medical grade HIFU device that has proven results and is proven to be safe. It is important todo lots of research on the clinic and the practitioner doing the treatment.
- Established Clinic – Are they a good established clinic or are they working from a backstreet clinic or out of their house? It is very important you go to a clinic to have this treatment, this is for many different factors such as, hygienic reasons, professionalism, a point of contact if you need anything and remember it is your face after all!
- Reviews – Have you checked the clinics reviews? They should have lots of reviews on trusted review sites like, YELL, Google, Trustpilot and FeeFo. This ensures that clients are happy, they haven’t suffered nasty side effects and that they have had good results post-treatment.
- Price – Are they too cheap? We all want a good deal but if it sounds too cheap you could be look at a cheap copy device HIFU. This could pose serious risk and wasted money. Like the saying goes, if it’s too good to be true it probably is.
- Awards – Have they won any awards for their treatments or customer care. It is important you check this at the clinic, on their website or on sites such as YELL.
- Discount Sites – This point is very similar to the above on pricing of the treatment. If they are on sites such as Groupon and Wowcher you need to ask yourself why. These treatments are not cheap and if they are on them sites then you’re more than likely not getting the same treatment. We have heard so many horror stories of clients getting treatments from these sites.
- Qualified & Trained – It is very important that the aesthetic practitioner who does your HIFU treatment is properly trained, knowledge and knows what todo if anything goes wrong.
- Before & After photos – Have the clinic got lots of photos of their work? Most clinics will have before and after photos on their Instagram and Facebook pages. Check that these photos are genuine and the work of the clinics.
- Consultation – Do not rush into having a HIFU treatment, as you need to look at everything before making an informed choice. It is important that you have a face-to-face consultation appointment with the aesthetic practitioner who does the HIFU treatments and ask any questions you have. A good clinic will go through you medical history, look at your skin, give you their honest advice, explain the treatment in detail and explain all side effects.
Medical Grade HIFU Treatment
RT Aesthetics Newcastle is the only clinic in the North of England to offer MED: HIFU Ultra facial treatments. With MED: HIFU Ultra the results are 92% more effective with an increase rate of 97% client satisfaction.
MED: HIFU Ultra have their own serial number to track each clients results, they fire 950,000 more dots into the treatment area, resulting in increased results and efficiency. This is 6 times more than 4D or 5D HIFU alone.
How Does HIFU Work
MED: HIFU Ultra treatments are based on hyperthermia lifting theory. The HIFU transducer irradiates 65-75Cº of high intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) energy into the skin, this then creates thermal coagulation on the target layers of skin tissue with no damage on the skin surface. Following the initial treatment, the skin starts to undergo wound healing process that simulates collagen synthesis and regeneration. Unlike lasers, radio frequency, surgery and other cosmetic procedures, HIFU bypasses the surface of the skin to deliver the right amount of ultrasound energy at the right depths within the skin at the desired temperature. This HIFU energy triggers a natural response under the skin, causing the body to enter into the regenerative process, resulting in the production of new collagen.
An immediate effect can be seen following HIFU treatment, with clients facial contours, skin tone and texture, and wrinkles showing improvement within 8 weeks post-treatment. The effects of HIFU treatment continues to work for up to 6 months as the collagen fibres reorganises and restructure themselves. Clients will notice further improvements, such as skin firming and tightening over the 3 – 6 month period. Results from one treatment will last between 12 – 36 months depending on client’s current skin laxity and age. Our aesthetic practitioner will go through this during the consultation and design a treatment plan design around your own individual goals and needs.
Clients will see a 20% result immediately with the remaining 80% appearing over the next 2-3 months. In the majority of cases only one treatment per year will be needed, however, if you feel you would like more further treatments, this can be done at 6 monthly intervals. Generally, only one or two sessions are required. Benefits from HIFU treatment can be seen within 4 weeks, with further gains being reported for up to six months*